This low carb cauli-rice asparagus salad with tarragon dressing makes for a wonderful side dish if you’re tired of the same ol’, same ol’.
One of the things I’ve noticed on a low carb eating plan is that it can be super easy for me to overlook eating my veggies. I have to make a concerted effort to figure out where to add them in. It’s a balancing act because so many veggies are higher in carbs. And even in the low carb group, those carbs can add up fast if you eat too much. So I find myself skipping them instead of taking the time to work out the number of carbs and portions. Not good.
Even on a low carb eating plan, you need your veggies for fiber and nutrients. So for the new year, my goal is to work veggies into at least 2 meals a day, 3 if I can manage it.
So I came up with this side dish. It’s got a nice flavor to it that pairs easily with most proteins. This would go well with fish, chicken or pork. Not so sure about beef, but I’m not a big beef eater, so I’ll leave that up to you.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
LOW CARB CAULI-RICE ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH TARRAGON DRESSING RECIPE:
Low Carb Cauli-Rice Asparagus Salad With Tarragon Dressing Recipe
- 2 cups chopped, fresh asparagus
- 2 cups raw cauli-rice (riced cauliflower)
- 3 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tbsp. minced yellow onion
- 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil (+ 2 tbsp. for cooking)
- 1 tbsp. dried tarragon
- 1/4 tsp. salt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Saute the asparagus and cauli-rice in the extra 2 tbsp. of olive oil until cooked al dente or to your liking. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the vinegar, 1/4 cup oil, tarragon, salt and black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the veggies and toss to coat evenly with the dressing.
- Serve as a side dish.