Need a yummy way to get your fats in for the day? Try this Low Carb German Chocolate Fat Bomb Hot Chocolate recipe!
I love hot chocolate. One of my good friends is also big on hot chocolate. In fact, if I’m being honest, she’s far crazier about it than I am. When I say she loves it, I mean she L.O.V.E.S it!!
Every time we go out to dinner, we always head across the street afterwards to the local coffee shop. I get a decaf and she gets her hot chocolate. It’s practically a tradition for us.
But the main reason I never join her in enjoying a drink that I also love is because coffee house hot chocolate is not exactly low carb friendly.
Not one to enjoy feeling left out, I usually make myself a delicious hot chocolate the next day to make up for it. Sounds awful, I know. But when you watch somebody have something you’d love to have, denying yourself completely all the time is just no fun. So I’ve learned to put off my enjoyment for the next day when I can snuggle up on the couch with a comfy blanket (in my jammies, of course!) and sip a cup of chocolatey deliciousness.
Lately, I’ve been struggling to get enough fat in my eating plan. I do tend towards a Keto plan which means that my fats are the most important part of my daily meals. So letting that slip is never a good idea for me. So when I made myself a cup of hot chocolate this past week, I decided it would be a perfect way to up my fats for the day. And oh boy, was this delicious!
Now some of you may not have access to food-grade cocoa butter. I get mine at whole foods or order it off amazon (see link below). But if you don’t want to use it, then regular butter will do just as nicely. So don’t stress if you don’t have it.
This beverage is so crazy creamy and delicious, I’ll be making this at least once a week from this point forward. Who says a low carb eating plan has to involve deprivation?? Not me!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
- Low Carb Fat Bomb Keto Coffee Recipe
- Low Carb Diary Free Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Low Carb German Gingerbread Hot Chocolate Recipe
LOW CARB GERMAN CHOCOLATE FAT BOMB HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE:
Low Carb German Chocolate Fat Bomb Hot Chocolate
- Bring all ingredients to boil in a pot.
- When the cocoa butter is mostly melted, using a stick blender, blend the hot chocolate until all the fat is incorporated and you have a nice layer of foam on top.
- If you don't have a stick blender, use a regular blender. Just use caution with hot liquids in your blender. A glass blender cup is best and you'll want to allow the hot chocolate to cool a bit or it may explode in your blender form the build up of heat once the lid is on. Just be safe.
- Serve in your favorite hot chocolate mug.