Keto Coffee recipe takes less than 5 minutes to make and tastes like a dessert. Filled with good-for-you fats to get the morning started right!
The Ketogenic diet does have quite a bit of dairy in it and I won’t say I don’t love my dairy but if we can find a dairy-free alternative, we do it. Thank goodness coffee is allowed on the ketogenic diet but we want to make a dairy-free option out there for our coffee lovers.. We’ll go more into that with this post.
Is coffee allowed on the ketogenic diet?
Yes! Thank goodness. The thing that IS NOT allowed on this diet (and in your coffee) is the sugar and sugar-filled creamers that most people drink with their coffee. My husband has gotten use to drinking black coffee. Never in this world can I drink coffee black though. So we’ve got this Keto Coffee recipe for you to make and I guarantee you’ll love it!
A few years back, I discovered something called Bullet Proof Coffee. This is actually a particular brand of coffee. It’s maker/owner created the original Bullet Proof Coffee recipe. The name has sort of taken off, and now everyone and their mother seems to have their own rendition of Bullet Proof Coffee. Keto Coffee is similar to what Bullet Proof Coffee is but again, everyone seems to have different versions.
What is Keto Coffee
What this keto coffee really is, is coffee flavored fat. Healthy fats that low carb and keto eaters need to include in their meal plans. These fats can vary and many include the use of pastured butter such as KerryGold butter.
When I first started making these coffees, I did use butter and I can tell you that the flavor is just incredible. I know some people wrinkle their noses at the idea of butter in their morning cup of Joe, but if it’s made properly, there are few creamers or flavorings out there that can surpass it. It creates a creaminess and flavor that is out of this world.
The best part. . . it actually satisfies you! One of the many reasons we love this diet in our household.
How to Make Dairy-Free Keto Coffee
That being said, I had to come up with a dairy free version, and boy did I! This has a rich, nutty flavor to it and is almost more like a dessert than a cup of coffee. The best part (at least I think so), is spooning out the remainder of the raw hemp seeds to eat at the end.
Delicious!!Â It’s like having a crunchy, chewy little snack with your morning coffee. I love it, and I bet you will too! We’ve also got a delicious Low Carb Dairy-Free Hot Chocolate recipe too if you are interest. It’s becoming the season for warm drinks!
MCT Oil vs Butter in our Ketogenic Coffee
- MCT OIL -Â If you have never used MCT oil before, ease yourself into it with smaller amounts. Try starting out with 1 or 2 teaspoons instead of tablespoons. Most people have a “limit”. While it’s known for helping with fat loss, it can actually cause some intestinal “distress” if your dose is too large. So start small and maybe try your first one on the weekend when you can be home. 😉
- BUTTER – If you would like to substitute butter in replacement of the MCT Oil due to known intestinal distress you are more than welcome to! Keep in mind the nutrition information will vary at that point.
If you prefer more of a mocha flavor keto coffee, you can add a little cocoa butter too! Not sure where to find food grade cocoa butter? You can find it on Amazon here.Â Food Grade Cocoa Butter (affiliate link)
We also have a fabulous German Hot Chocolate Fat Bomb Hot Chocolate recipe if you are just feeling some delicious low carb hot chocolate
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CAR RECIPES:
Low Carb Keto Coffee Recipe
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes on high.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy!
- NOTE: Always use a blender. This won't work if you simply stir it. You must use a blender. This is also the reason you want to cool the coffee slightly. Using hot coffee right out of the coffee machine will cause your blender to explode hot coffee all over you and your kitchen. Yes, that's personal experience talking.
(May not be totally accurate. Data uses 1 tbsp. of MCT oil, and no cocoa butter.)