Keto Lemon Bars recipe that is hands down our favorite low carb dessert right now. Made with simple ingredients and packed with delicious lemon flavor. Bonus! They are gluten-free.
Lemon Bars are one of the treats in our household that just gets DEVOURED. R loves them, I love them and thank goodness we have made these into a Low Carb and Keto version because we needed it.
We did keep our crust rather thin. If you want thick lemon bars I’d recommend doubling the crust recipe. To be totally honest for the cost of almond flour I prefer to keep the crust thinner for that reason.
3-Ingredients is all you need in our Keto Lemon Bars Crust
- Almond Flour
- Low Carb Powdered Sweetener (We link in our recipe card the type we used and like the best. It is erythritol based which is our preference when using low carb sweeteners.)
- Butter – If you want to use coconut oil I definitely can see that working as well. We wanted that buttery taste that we are use to in lemon bars.
Lemon Bars are actually one of the first desserts that I learned to make myself growing up. I’m not sure why but they are been my favorite since the dawn of time. I hope I’m not the only one that feels this way. Even if we might be heading towards fall weather, Low Carb Lemon Squares are a year round thing for our family.
HOW MANY NET CARBS PER Keto Lemon Bar
2 Net Carbs per lemon square when dividing them into 24 squares. This does not account for any additional powdered sugar substitute you decide to dust the tops with if you decide to do that.
I’ve always been taught by nutritionists to subtract the sugar alcohols like erythritol to calculate the net carbs. As of last week though we found out that only about 50 percent of our readers do this!
My family does subtract the sugar alcohols and I’ll continue to provide that sugar alcohol grams above the nutrition card below and you can decide for yourself if you want to follow that. PLEASE do not shame or be mean to others who might do things a little differently. That is not what we are about here.
If you are new to this Low Carb/Keto lifestyle please feel free to read up more on Net Carbs and why people do or don’t subtract sugar alcohols.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CAR RECIPES:
Keto Lemon Bars Recipe
Lemon Bar Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Prepare 9x13 pan by greasing with cooking spray or butter.
- In a small bowl mix together almond flour and powdered sweetener. Add melted butter and combine with your hands to mix together until it forms into a dough. Push dough into bottom of greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Mix eggs, erythritol, lemon zest, lemon juice, baking powder and coconut flour in a blender. Blend for 10 seconds, scrape the sides and blend for 5 more seconds. Pour filling mixture into baked crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until filling has a crust and bounces back in the center when touched. Sprinkle additional low carb powdered sweetener over bars at this time. Allow lemon bars to cool 10-15 minutes before slicing.