Coconut Pumpkin Steamer is the Fall inspired beverage you didn’t know you needed, but you’ll never leave behind again. Pumpkin spice is twice as nice, without the dairy.
Low Carb Coconut Pumpkin Steamer – if Fall and Winter had a flavor, pumpkin spice is it. This steamer embraces the season and offers us a dairy free solution for our cravings.
One of the hardest parts about eating low carb and dairy free is that so many low carb recipes out there call for dairy. A traditional Keto plan is dairy heavy as a way to achieve extra fats. But for those who can’t handle dairy or want to be dairy free, coconut comes to the rescue.
Low Carb Steamer 101
Pumpkin Spice is definitely a flavor all its own. As we’ve said before with our Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte, the flavor has a cult-like following in the “adulting is hard” world.
- What’s the difference between a steamer and a latte? A steamer is often milk based, but in this case it is coconut milk based. For a steamer, the flavor is infused into super heated milk (or milk product). No coffee involved.
- How do you make the perfect steamer? When the milk has little bubbles in it, it is PERFECT. Just as you would with hot coffee, give it a hot second before sipping so you don’t burn your mouth. Nothing worse than burned taste buds to ruin this amazing flavor.
- Caffeine or not to caffeine? With the coffee component, a steamer is a great way to enjoy the flavors you love without the caffeine. There are times when you may want the caffeine, but a steamer is perfect for when you don’t want to be kept up. Steamed milk is great to help you sleep. A low carb coconut pumpkin steamer is even better!
HOW MANY NET CARBS FOR OUR LOW CARB PUMPKIN COCONUT STEAMER?
4 Net CarbÂ per delicious serving. You can add more coconut oil or butter if you need it to fit into your macros better. Be sure to check out your Macros needed with our Keto Macro Calculator where it can give you a personalized idea what your calories and macros should be.
Remember we are a judgement free zone here and please be kind to others if they follow things a bit differently.Â
Simple, sip-able pumpkin spice flavor is waiting for you. You’re going to love this steamer, sans the dairy, as a low-carb addition to you hot beverage rotation as the weather outside gets oh-so-slightly frightful.
We’re always in the mood for pumpkin spice.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
Coconut Pumpkin Steamer
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, no sugar added
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- low carb sweetener of choice to taste
- In a small pot, combine all ingredients.
- Over low to medium heat, warm the milk while whisking.
- When the milk has small bubbles (when it simmers), it's done.
- Serve in a nice little mug and enjoy!