I admit it, low carb mornings can sometimes get pretty boring. I mean, I love bacon and all, but after a while I just keep thinking, “there HAS to be something else”. Maybe I’m alone in that. I know there are legions of devout bacon lovers out there. But you can’t eat bacon every day for the rest of your life. Humans need just a tad bit more variety then that.
So instead of letting myself get bored, I challenged myself to come up with some exiting breakfast ideas. This one definitely tops the list! You can adjust not only the fat intake for a low carb or keto eating plan, but also the level of spiciness. I listed the jalapeño as optional because the chorizo sausage is already going to have some kick to it. But if you are spice lover, feel free to add the jalapeño!
This is the brand I used. I found it at Whole Foods (No, I’m not being paid to promote them.) It is a processed meat, but I feel pretty good about the ingredients. Definitely not the worst you could buy!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- 2-4 tbsp. oil
- 1/3 cup chopped, green bell pepper
- 1 (3 oz.) pre-cooked Mexican Chorizo sausage, sliced (about half a large sausage)
- 2 large eggs
- fresh, chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Warm the oil in a medium skillet.
- Saute the bell peppers and sausage (and jalapeno if using) together for about 2 minutes.
- Break the eggs into the pan and scramble.
- Top with a sprinkle of fresh cilantro and serve.
Nutrition Data According To MyFitnessPal.com
(May not be totally accurate):