Low Carb Egg Roll in Bowl (Aka Crack Slaw) is such a family favorite of ours we make it on a weekly basis right now.Â Every single time it is a family hit!
This is called crack slaw and for good reason. It is addicting and even though it’s just a mix of all the delicious ingredients inside an egg roll.
Our family is obsessed with this dinner. It reheats like a dream for meal-preps lunches and it is seriously SO GOOD.
Ways to eat your Low Carb Egg Roll in Bowl
- EAT IT PLAIN – This is actually my preferred method myself. It’s all made in one pan and dinner is served.
- EAT IT WITH CAULI-RICE – My family prefers it with cauli-rice for more substance and mimicking a asian dinner dish.
Beef or Sausage in our Crack Slaw
I prefer the ground beef myself. I almost always prefer ground beef really. It’s not bad with ground sausage though! It’s nice for a change of pace since we make it so often.
I also prefer to add a little bit of extra coconut aminos on my bowl of crack slaw. I like the extra tang that my family prefers to avoid so as always adjust to your liking.
SEE FOR YOURSELF JUST HOW EASY THIS RECIPE IS TO MAKE.
Egg Roll in Bowl Recipe
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 pound ground beef or ground sausage
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 9 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2-3 drops liquid stevia (optional)
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- Add oil to large skillet on medium-high heat. Add ground beef, cook until brown and drain grease, if any.
- Add chopped onion, cook until onions become translucent. Stir in garlic powder, ground ginger, crushed red pepper, black pepper and salt.
- Add shredded cabbage, carrots, liquid stevia (optional), coconut aminos.
- Cook for another 12-15 minutes over medium heat, or until veggies are tender.
- Serve plain or onto a bed of cauli-rice.