Just because you eat low carb doesn’t mean you have to lose out on bready things. This wonderful flatbread is a perfect example!
I’ve used this not only as regular flat bread, but also as tostadas, and I can tell you that was incredibly delicious!! Simply top with lettuce, meat, salsa and some cheese. Yum!!!
You can also serve this with soup. The recipe itself is pretty versatile as well. Add any herbs or seasonings you like for different flavor variations.
I don’t recommend these for tacos or burritos because they don’t hold up the way a taco shell or burrito wrap should. But these are great for just about anything else!
NEEDED RECIPES: Low Carb Baking Mix
- 2 cups Low Carb Baking Mix (link above)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. hot water or more as needed for consistency
- 2 large whole eggs
- extra almon flour for flouring work surface (parchment)
- extra oil for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients, first stirring with a wooden spoon (so you don't burn your hands on the hot water), and then kneading to combine thoroughly.
- Separate the dough into 15 equally-sized balls (slightly larger than a golf ball).
- Lay down a piece of parchment, and sprinkle with a bit of almond flour.
- Place a dough ball down with a second piece of parchment over it and flatten the ball with your hand.
- Using a rolling pin, gently flatten the dough further by working it gently into a flattened circle.
- Fry in oil for approximately 2-3 minutes per side, or until they look golden brown.
Nutrition Data According To MyFitnessPal.com
(Data may not be totally accurate.)