I’ve always loved spaghetti and meatballs. There is just so much about spaghetti to love! Am I right? Few things feel as comforting or filling as a big bowl of the stuff. But now that I’m low carb, I can still enjoy my big bowl of spaghetti, I just have to make it a little bit different. I have to make my own low carb meatballs for spaghetti.
Instead of regular pasta, I used Zoodles or Shirataki noodles, whichever I happen to have handy at the time. I’ve even used my Low Carb Bread recipe and some non-dairy butter (I have a moderate allergy to dairy) to make garlic bread. And while it’s obviously never going to be the same as regular spaghetti and garlic bread, it gets me close enough to feel like I’m not being left out or missing out on this simple and delicious family meal.
You can even make these ahead of time, place them in the casserole dish, cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for a day or two until you are ready to cook them. Freezing them raw or cooked works too!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
Low Carb Meatballs For Spaghetti
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 large whole egg
- 3 tbsp. almond flour or meal
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground, dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. ground, dried sage
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and knead with your hands or stir well until totally combined.
- Using your hands, make walnut sized balls and place them in an oiled casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 F. for about 30 minutes or until they reach at least 165 F. on a meat thermometer.
- Serve with low carb spaghetti.
Nutrition Data According To MyFitnessPal.com
(May not be totally accurate):