If you love Indian food and appreciate just how spicy it can really get, then you’ll love this cauliflower chowder. The spice level is pretty significant and the flavors of all those aromatic spices won’t disappoint.
Yes, this is seriously spicy stuff. But if you’re into that sort of thing, it’s truly a delicious soup. I’m a total curry fan, so despite the spice level, I still really enjoyed this even though I’m not particularly crazy about overly spicy foods.
This does run a little higher in carbs per serving so I kept my portions small. But because of the spiciness, a small portion is all you’ll want anyway. This soup is not for the faint of heart. It’s delicious, but have a glass of water nearby!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THIS LOW CARB RECIPE:
- 2 (13.5 oz.) cans full fat coconut milk
- 1 (12 oz.) package frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 small zuccini, cleaned and chopped
- 1/4 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 medium bay leaf
- In a medium to large soup pot, combine all the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes to allow the spices to meld and infuse the dish.
- Allow to cool to luke warm before eating.
Nutrition Data According To MyFitnessPal.com
(May not be totally accurate):