Sometimes, getting dinner on the table is hard. And sometimes, recipes like this low carb southwestern turkey skillet recipe make life a little easier. Phew!
I can honestly say, that while I love to cook and I love to blog, after almost a full decade of doing so, I definitely have my nights where I’m completely out of inspiration in the kitchen. Nights where the last thing I want to do is think up a new recipe and hope my kid likes it.
On nights like that, I often revert to creating something fast and easy based solely on what I have in the fridge or freezer. No special trips to the store for that one ingredients I don’t have. Just a “what-I-have-is-what-I-use” kind of situation.
Thankfully, this delicious low carb southwestern turkey skillet recipe was the result of exactly that situation. I love these quick and simple one-skillet meals. They offer less clean up and typically, my little guy and I both love the results. There’s a lot to be said for a simple skillet meal…
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
- Low Carb Sausage And Vegetable Skillet Recipe
- Low Carb Thai Peanut Chicken And Cabbage Stir Fry Recipe
- These Ground Turkey Recipes from Flippin Delicious.
LOW CARB SOUTHWESTERN TURKEY SKILLET RECIPE:
Low Carb Southwestern Turkey Skillet
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/4 small yellow onion (diced)
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers (freen peppers have the fewest carbs)
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika (optional but yummy)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- Warm the oil in a large skillet.
- To the oil, add the turkey, onion and bell peppers.
- Cook until the turkey is browned, then add the spices. Finish cooking and remove from heat.
- Level it out so it's even across the pan and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Sprinkle the olives over the top and serve once the cheese is totally melted.