Sometimes, getting dinner on the table is hard. And sometimes, recipes like this low carb southwestern turkey skillet recipe make life a little easier. Phew!
I can honestly say, that while I love to cook and I love to blog, after almost a full decade of doing so, I definitely have my nights where I’m completely out of inspiration in the kitchen. Nights where the last thing I want to do is think up a new recipe and hope my kid likes it.
On nights like that, I often revert to creating something fast and easy based solely on what I have in the fridge or freezer. No special trips to the store for that one ingredients I don’t have. Just a “what-I-have-is-what-I-use” kind of situation.
Thankfully, this delicious low carb southwestern turkey skillet recipe was the result of exactly that situation. I love these quick and simple one-skillet meals. They offer less clean up and typically, my little guy and I both love the results. There’s a lot to be said for a simple skillet meal…
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
- Low Carb Sausage And Vegetable Skillet Recipe
- Low Carb Thai Peanut Chicken And Cabbage Stir Fry Recipe
LOW CARB SOUTHWESTERN TURKEY SKILLET RECIPE:
Enjoy flavors of the southwest with this quick and easy skillet recipe.
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/4 small yellow onion (diced)
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers (freen peppers have the fewest carbs)
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika (optional but yummy)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- Warm the oil in a large skillet.
To the oil, add the turkey, onion and bell peppers.
Cook until the turkey is browned, then add the spices. Finish cooking and remove from heat.
Level it out so it's even across the pan and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Sprinkle the olives over the top and serve once the cheese is totally melted.
Please note that the nutrition data below is a ballpark figure. Exact data is not possible.