This low carb Tuscan chicken pasta recipe is a wonderfully rich and filling dinner idea!
I’ve been struggling a bit lately with my low carb eating. Not because it’s difficult, but because I’m a willful child at heart and sometimes, I just want to stomp my feet and scream that I want to eat bread like all my friends do. It’s silly. In fact, it’s utterly ridiculous. But it is what it is I guess. At least I know this about myself.
The funny thing is, I only do this with food. In no other area of my life am I this willful or stubborn. So I may have slipped a bit, particularly in social settings. I know this is one of my biggest downfalls and it’s something I need to plan for better. But for the past week, that stubborn child within refused to be ignored.
But instead of letting it get me down, I doubled down on my efforts in meal planning. I do much better when I have a plan in place, so I settled in one night to plan what I would make for dinner for a few days in advance. This low carb Tuscan chicken pasta recipe just sounded so good! And since I had been off track anyway, I didn’t mind a little dairy to garnish this with. Thankfully, it wasn’t enough to do any damage to my dairy allergy, but it WAS enough to add some wonderful flavor to my meal.
You do have to be a bit careful with sun dried tomatoes. The carbs in those things add up super quick! But in smaller amounts, they aren’t too bad. And if you divide this recipe into 3 servings, they become downright doable in the carb count department.
So I went ahead and made this for dinner and that bratty, insolent, stubborn child in my head took a huge sigh of relief. Because at the end of the day, that stubborn little kid in all of us just wants to be cared for and nurtured. And few things do that better then eating the way that suits us best.
This low carb Tuscan chicken pasta recipe was loaded with delicious flavor and was truly very filling. Even my actual kid enjoyed it, spinach and all! (And I had one serving left for lunch the next day!)
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
LOW CARB TUSCAN CHICKEN PASTA RECIPE:
Low Carb Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- 1 lb. chicken breasts (I used boneless, skinless)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 3 cups spinach (raw, baby spinach, chopped)
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes (dry packed and chopped)
- 1/2 cup black olives (sliced)
- 1/2 lb. zucchini (spiralized)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and transfer to a skillet with the olive oil, garlic powder and Italian Seasoning.
- Cook the chicken, stirring frequently, until nearly done.
- Toss in the spinach and sun dried tomatoes and cook until the spinach is fully wilted.
- When everything is done, and if you prefer your zucchini noodles with a softer texture (as opposed to raw), toss them in now at the very end and give them a quick toss with everything. You don't want to actually cook them, but a little warming at the very end will soften them to more of a pasta-like texture. If not, leave them raw on your plate to top with the chicken)
- Remove from heat, top with olives and serve over zucchini noodles.
- Garnish everything with feta and serve.