Homemade Keto Blue Cheese Dressing is as simple as mixing 8 natural ingredients together. All it takes is just 5 minutes to make this easy low carb dressing.
So. Freakin. Excited. to finally get this recipe onto Thats Low Carb. Here is why.
Short Story: Blue cheese dressing is not a thing where we live now. It is heartbreaking. When we come back to the states I’ll find myself binging and practically drinking blue cheese dressing by the bottle if you let me… Seriously. So I’ve had to learn to make it myself.
Is blue cheese dressing keto?
Now it’s true. Many of the store bought blue cheese dressings are keto friendly. There is one thing that I feel our recipe wins at though… We are using exactly the kind of ingredients we want to use.
But there is something that I also remember every single time we visit and I begin looking for my beloved blue cheese dressing: Those dressings that are using simple ingredients are freakin’ expensive.
Yeah you can use the cheaper versions but they also have a ton of not so beautiful ingredients:
Soybean oil, Cellulose Gel, Cellulose Gum, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Natural Flavor (uhhh natural flavor what?)
Seriously… I’ll pass on having those ingredients myself. I understand that in many cases in order for it to be shelf stable some things are required… but why bother when you can make your own blue cheese dressing in under 5 minutes?
All you need are 8 ingredients to pull this blue cheese dressing together. Yeah let’s do this. 😉
Check out this Apple Cider Vinaigrette from A Dash of Megnut.
What can you do with blue cheese dressing?
When I say the world is your oyster I do not kid when it comes to this dressing. There are so many options.
- Party Platter – do like we did with some a dip platter filled with delicious vegetables and meats. One of the easiest things you can take to a party and you can snack on and keep on eating right. Make it extra divine by adding our Caramelized French Dip alongside it and we are in business for a fab platter.
- Buffalo Tenders Dip – Our Keto Buffalo Cauliflower Bites or Buffalo Chicken Nuggets can assist with marrying the wonderful flavors of buffalo and blue cheese together. ONE OF MY FAVORITES. Our Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Avocado Salad also is divine.
- Wedge Salad – Let us not forget as we have saved the best for last. Blue Cheese Lettuce Wedge Salad guys. A salad drenched with blue cheese dressing is just pure salad perfection in my eyes.
You could always make some crockpot buffalo chicken recipe from VeggieBalance too and smother this dressing onto it after. Yes pleasseeeeee.
HOW MANY NET CARBS IN KETO BLUE CHEESE DRESSING
3 Net Carbs for 1/2 cup. We calculated this recipe as it making approximately 1.5 cups total. I generally will split this into about three servings because when I eat a salad with blue cheese dressing I want ALL THE DRESSING POSSIBLE.
Just me? Well if you can contain yourself you are more than welcome to split this ratio into more servings and that would lower your carb count. To me I’d much rather have an extra 1/4 cup of dressing on my salad for 1.5Net Carbs… that is completely acceptable in my brain.
So there you have it. Me absolutely gushing over something so simple at blue cheese dressing. Believe me, if you couldn’t easily attain it and you already were a fan… you would be doing the same thing. Luckily making it ourselves is simple and you can do the same thing!
I’m all for us having control over the ingredients we put into our bodies using simple natural ingredients – it’s only natural we include blue cheese dressing onto this bandwagon.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Keto Blue Cheese Dressing
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons almond milk ( or heavy cream)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium sized bowl stir all ingredients together until it well combined. Cover bowl and store in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours (best if overnight) for best results.
- Store in an airtight container up to 7days in the refrigerator. Enjoy on your favorite dishes.