I enjoy meals that involve minimal prep. Meals that don’t take a million dishes to prepare or hours to cook. So when dinner involves just a few simple ingredients, I become a very happy girl.
I love cod because it has a light flavor that will pick up the flavors of just about anything you put with it. It’s a wonderful way to feature simple flavors such as summer tomatoes and fresh, garden basil.
I wasn’t able to have a garden this summer simply because we were in the middle of a rather large move for most of the spring planting season. Packing up to move took months and unpacking is proving to be almost as lengthy. I swear by the time I get this new house in order I’ll have silver hair and dentures. But I digress…
This easy meal is perfect for a healthy dinner and is wonderful with fresh olive oil drizzled over the top with a little sea salt and freshly ground pepper. I’m getting hungry again just typing this!!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 lb. raw cod
- 1 batch Low Carb Bacon Breading, see link above
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 10 large leaves fresh basil, chopped
- cold-pressed olive oil, as much as you like
- salt and pepper
- Lightly whisk the egg in a bowl with a fork.
- Dip the cod into the egg on both sides.
- Either dip the fish into the breading on a plate, or simply pour the breading over the top and press it lightly on the fish.
- Bake at 350 F. for about 12-15 minutes (time will vary by oven), or until the fish is completely cooked.
- Top with fresh, chopped tomatoes, fresh chopped basil and plenty of fresh, cold-pressed olive oil.
- Use salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Data According To MyFitnessPal.com
(May not be totally accurate. Data does NOT include breading. Please see that recipe for data. This data based on the use of 3 tablespoons of olive oil.):