These Low Carb Buffalo Sloppy Joes wrapped in crispy lettuce cups are the perfect dinner. Eating good just go SO much easier.
If there is one thing I’ve learned in the years, if you make anything buffalo flavored, they will come and EAT IT ALL.
That is my family at least. We are obsessed with the spicy deliciousness. It’s only natural we take a sloppy joe spin on it and use hot sauce instead! Hello Low Carb Buffalo Sloppy Joes.
You are so welcome.
Bonus: We’ve got hidden veggies in our Buffalo Sloppy Joe Sauce
- Celery – Because what hot and spicy combo DOESN’T need celery
- Carrots – Now I know this is a controversial ingredient in the low-carb/keto community but it’s there. While we don’t eat our weight in carrots everyday. Our family personally finds nothing wrong with adding it to our diets in moderation. There are some great vitamins that you can find in carrots. You are more than welcome to omit if it doesn’t fit your lifestyle.
- Onion – We’ve also got some of that. It issss a vegetable. 😉
If you are feeling something a bit more hearty I vote you make our Low Carb Hamburger Buns to spoon the sloppy joe mixture and make legit buffalo sloppy joes with a bun. You’ll get the whole ‘sloppy joe enchilada’.
Net Carbs with Lettuce Wrap vs. Low Carb Burger Bun
- Lettuce Wraps – 3.3 Net Carbs
- Low Carb Burger Bun – 5.2 Net Carbs
These carb counts do not count the avocado as it depends how large your avocado is and how much you actually put on your ‘joe’
But if you are craving an ACTUAL bun and have the time a Low Carb Hamburger Bun sounds perfect.
Pile the delicious Buffalo Sloppy Joe mixture into a buttery crisp lettuce cup (or bun), pile with avocado and drizzle with a little low carb ranch dressing if you so desire.
I actually half wonder if our Sesame Ginger Dressing might do really well with this.
Whatever delicious combo you might decide – this recipe is one of our family favorites that the family asks for ALL the time.
You really never can go wrong with buffalo sauce.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
- Low Carb Asian Style Lettuce Wraps
- Low Carb Cheddar Broccoli Chicken Casserole
- Low Carb Fat Bomb Pork Chops
Low Carb Buffalo Sloppy Joes
- In a food processor pulse together celery stalk, baby carrots, onion. (Or if you don't have a food processor, very finely chop vegetables.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil and minced vegetables. Saute 5-8 minutes, or until carrots and onions are tender.
- Add ground chicken. Cook until ground chicken is cook through.
- Turn heat down to low. Stir in garlic powder and red hot sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes or enough to cool the mixture down a bit before stirring in mayonnaise. (Note: If you place while it's TOO hot it can cause the mayonnaise to curdle, just be cautious)
- Spoon into your favorite low carb wrap or bun option and enjoy!