Keto Biscuits and Gravy recipe that packs all the comfort food feelings into one dish. Made in under 30 minutes this easy all-around comfort food will win the hearts of everyone in your family.
Our first post for 2019! Woot! How exciting. We are excited to keep providing you low carb and keto recipes this year.
First recipe of the year is this keto biscuits and gravy recipe. My husband goes crazy over this dinner. It’s all the comfort food goodness wrapped up in a low carb package.
We’ve got two low carb biscuits options for you to choose from for our biscuits and gravy.
- Our Keto and Low Carb Biscuits that are listed in the recipe card. Love an easy drop biscuit recipe.
- OR our Low Carb Garlic Rosemary Rolls for proper rolls instead of the drop style.
HOW MANY NET CARBS FOR OUR KETO Biscuits and Gravy
7 Net Carbs when splitting this into 8 servings.Â You could make smaller drop biscuits and split the servings even more for lower carbs but this is what we do in our family.
I am personally full with one biscuit and gravy but my husband goes for two normally. It is 4 Net Carbs per drop biscuit when you make it into 8 biscuits.
This would give you one biscuit and a ton of sausage gravy. There is actually 20 grams of protein in one serving as well so a good amount of protein to keep you full!
Our family tries to stay under 50 grams of carbs a day though so adding an additional biscuit might not be a good fit if you are following a lower carb per day count. Just something to keep in mind.
Keto Biscuits and Gravy
Keto Sausage Gravy
- 1 pound ground pork
- 5 cups beef stock
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup heavy cream ( or dairy-free alternative like coconut cream)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground black pepper + more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + more to taste
Keto Drop Biscuits (see recipe video below for these)
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 Tablespoons salted butter (or dairy-free alternative)
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream (or dairy-free alternative like coconut milk)
Keto Drop Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together almond flour, baking powder and baking soda. With a pastry cutter or fork cut butter into almond flour mixture until butter is full cut into the flour and it resembles small pebbles. Stir in eggs and milk.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of dough onto baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for 11-15 minutes, or until tops begin to brown.
Keto Sausage Gravy
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook ground pork until it is no longer pink. Season pork with a little salt and pepper and set aside in a separate bowl.
- Pour in your beef stock, deglaze the bottom of the pan and allow stock to reach a boil. Take about 1/4 cup of the stock and place into a small bowl or glass, whisk in the xanthan gum. Slowly pour the xanthan gum slurry mixture back into the stock, continually whisking the entire time. (NOTE: You may want to use a little more or little less of the xanthan gum to reach your desired gravy thickness). Allow 3-4 minutes on a medium heat to see if desired gravy thickness is achieved.
- Set to a low heat, stir in cream, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Stir until well combined and serve over your freshly baked biscuits.