Easy Keto Pepper Steak recipe made in just 30-minutes and 100% full of flavor. This low carb steak recipe requires just 9-ingredients and will turn into a family favorite. Low Carb Chinese Food at home just got SO possible with this recipe.
This quick and healthy pepper steak recipe will appease the entire household. It will be a favorite low carb steak recipe in no time.
How to make Pepper Steak?
It actually is easier to make than you would think and in under 30 minutes. You can see a step-by-step video below in our recipe card.
But it goes something like this.
- Brown and season your steak.
- Add peppers and onion. Simmer.
- Add the tasty beef stock and cover.
- Stir in coconut aminos and low carb thickener.
- Serve on top of cauliflower rice or even your favorite low carb noodles or zoodles.
How Many Net Carbs per Serving in our Keto Pepper Steak recipe
8 Net Carbs per hefty serving when splitting this recipe into 4 servings.
We used arrowroot powder for our thickener. While it has a tad higher carbs verse other thickeners like coconut flour or almond flour.
It’s what I had on hand and used. If you would like to try other lower-carb thickening agents feel free to do so.
What type of steak to use in our Pepper Steak recipe
- Sirloin – this is by far my favorite type of steak to use. It is a little more expensive vs our other option.
- Bottom Round Steak – this option is a cheaper alternative. It just tends to be a little bit tougher of a meat. However, when it is already sliced into bite sized pieces it is a cheaper alternative.
WHAT TYPE OF BELL PEPPERS used in our recipe and why
- Red, Yellow and Orange bell peppers are higher in carbs.
- Green Peppers are the way to go as they are lower in carbs compared to the above.
I wanted to make a mention regarding it as it’s just what I had on hand from a variety pepper pack.
As we explain in our Low Carb Baked Pork Chop Peppers recipe. Our family we are a little lose on this rule. Our thinking is vegetables are good for us regardless.
If you are trying to stay strict though feel free to swap the red pepper with another green pepper in the recipe.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Easy Keto Pepper Steak recipe made in just 30-minutes and 100% full of flavor. This low carb steak recipe requires just 9-ingredients.
- 2 Tablespoon oil
- 1 pound sirloin steak cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large green pepper roughly chopped
- 1 large red pepper roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 Tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
In a large skillet on medium-high heat add olive oil and beef bites. Brown beef slightly all around, but don't fully cook through. Season with salt and pepper.
Add green pepper, red pepper, onion. Saute for 4-5 minutes.
Pour in beef broth. Cover, turn heat down to medium-low and simmer 10-12 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
In a small bowl whisk together arrowroot powder, water and coconut aminos.
Slowly stir in aminos mixture in with peppers and steak. Continue to stir until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
Top onto cauliflower rice or eat by itself. Top with extra red pepper flakes for extra heat and serve immediately.