Low Carb Meatloaf recipe using low carb zucchini as our binder for the breadcrumbs. This low carb version of your favorite comfort foods is moist, flavorful and tastes just like the original.
Meatloaf is such a classic dish. It’s a comforting dinner that can be served with any number of different sides. My personal favorite is mock low carb mashed cauliflower that tastes just like mashed potatoes. It’s “da bomb”!!
How to adjust the meatloaf mixture if needed.
If your mixture feels too moist, feel free to mix in about 1-2 tbsp. of almond flour. But I didn’t think it needed it. The shredded zucchini really did a great job binding it all together.
This meatloaf that is also keto was truly delicious and I got so many veggies in there! Can’t ever complain with extra veggies!
I had a friend over for dinner when I served this and she said these reminded her of meatballs. It’s a similar flavor, but boy is this good meatloaf! It was totally yum and I’ve been munching on leftovers ever since!
HOW MANY CARBS Per Meatloaf Slice
3 Net Carbs per slice if you slice our meatloaf into 8 slices. You can cut the slices as small or as large as you’d like though so feel free to calculate it accordingly.
What type to meat to use in our low carb meatloaf recipe
- Turkey Meatloaf – This is what we used and personally our favorite. It’s low in fat so when you are baking in a pan you don’t have to worry about all that excess grease sitting at the bottom.
- Beef Meatloaf – If you are to make meatloaf with beef it is important to use lean beef for the reason mentioned above. The leaner the beef the better to avoid having excess grease at the bottom.
Check out this Paleo Honey Sesame Turkey Meatloaf from Perchance to Cook.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
Low Carb Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 lb. ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 medium garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste + extra for topping if desired
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried, ground rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Line and oil a standard oil pan.
- In a mixing bowl, knead all ingredients together until well combined.
- Transfer the meat to the loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 F. for about 50-60 minutes or until the meatloaf reaches 165 F. on a meat thermometer.