Big Mac Salad Recipe for those that have a hankering for a good ole’ fashion burger. This Low Carb Hamburger Salad can be made a few ways to make this salad your favorite go-to meal ever.
Can I admit something to you? I don’t think I’ve have had an actual Big Mac in my entire life. Well, perhaps many many years ago but it’s such a distant memory that I really don’t if I did or remember HOW it tastes these days.
I know, that isn’t how I should probably start this post. But hear me out. . .
We’ve taken all those fabulous flavors of a hamburger and placed them into a bowl for us. Hello low carb burgers. We’ve got all the fixings from the big macs and so we are just rolling with it.
What do we’ve got in OUR Big Mac Salad?
- Perfectly cooked hamburger patties
- Caramelized Onions
- Fried Egg
- Low Carb Ketchup
- Dill Pickles (look for the no sugar added dill pickles)
The options for what you want on this salad are entirely up to you!
Now I know that sometimes a salad seems so blah. This Low Carb Big Mac Salad is everything BUT blah. Trust me.
Cooking Hamburger Patties vs Grilling
If you’ve got good weather but ALL means cook these hamburgers on a grill. I’ve provided skillet directions in the recipe card but if I had a choice between the two. GRILLING ALL THE WAY and perhaps paired with a low carb margarita 😉
What type of dressings or condiments to use on our low carb hamburger salad?
- Ketchup – I personally am a avid ketchup lover. For me all I need is our low carb ketchup recipe and I am perfectly content.
- Mayonnaise – This is my second favorite. I love mixing ketchup and mayonnaise together with this salad!
- Mustard – My families favorite and so it must be others favorite way of devouring a burger.
- Low Carb Thousand Island Dressing – I know someone who just swears by this for a perfect big mac saucy sauce and for that reason I’m adding it in here.
I will always be on team ketchup myself. 😉
If you are feeling something slightly more conventional be sure to check out our Low Carb Hamburger Buns if you are craving something more ‘normal’ for a cook-out with friends and family.
Which it is summer. We need to be grilling and eating as much fresh and delicious food that is available.
It really is whatever you want to make this into! My family is obsessed with fried eggs and hamburgers. What is a hamburger topping must in your family?
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
Low Carb Big Mac Salad Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion roughly chopped
Big Mac Salad
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 4 over easy cooked eggs
- low carb thousand island dressing optional
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 small avocado
- 4 small dill pickles sliced
- In a bowl mix together ground beef, garlic, onion powder, sea salt and black pepper. Make 4 hamburger patties out of mixture. Make sure to flatten the patties well and we like to press into the center with our thumbs to help them stay flat even more. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter, allow it to melt before adding the onions. Stir and continue on medium to medium high heat for 5-8 minutes until onions are tender and begin to turn a caramelized brown. Remove onions from pan and set aside.
- Add hamburger patties to same skillet over medium heat. Cook for 3-5 minutes, flip the burgers and cook another 3-5 minutes or until they reach your desired cooked center. Set burgers aside. NOTE* Remember they will continue to cook once you remove them from the heat.
- Construct your big mac salad. Add romaine lettuce, egg, hamburger patty, cheese, avocado, dill pickles and any dressing/condiments that sounds good to you! See above recipe for some low carb options.