On occasion, out-of-town friends will come up to see me because I live so close to the beach. I love to cook for them and then drag them to our often foggy but warm beaches in Bodega Bay. It’s a fabulous way to spend the day!
Recently, I got a little creative for some friends who love cheddar. Like, they are seriously ga-ga over the stuff. So I thought I’d put together a breakfast recipe that would use plenty of it while still being low carb. This low carb breakfast lasagna was the answer. Everyone loved it, including the kids!!
Truth be told, you can put whatever you want in this lasagna. Don’t like green onions? Don’t add them! Love mushroom, go ahead and put a layer of fungi on there! This is totally versatile and is sure to please everyone at the breakfast table!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
SEE THIS RECIPE IN ACTION! CLICK PLAY!
- 12 large eggs, cracked an lightly beaten
- 9 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/4 lb. cooked bacon
- 6 oz. asparagus, chopped
- 1/2 large green onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line a quarter sheet baking pan with parchment and pour the eggs into it. Bake for approximately 20 minutes. Note that you can also bake the bacon in a second pan. I line mine with parchment and bake for 12 minutes, then turn every 2 minutes until done. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of your baking pan.
- Remove the eggs from the oven and cool to the point where you can handle the eggs with your hands. Run a knife along the edge to separate the egg from the pan. Flip the eggs over and remove the parchment. Cut the egg in half.
- On one half of the eggs layer, layer on 3 pieces of cheddar, all the bacon, chopped asparagus, half of the green onion and 3 more slices of cheddar.
- Cover that with the other half of the baked egg layer. Top with the last 3 pieces of cheddar and the remaining green onion. Bake for about 10-20 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted.
- Cool slightly and serve.
Nutrition Data According To MyFitnessPal.com
(May not be totally accurate):