Low Carb Egg Muffins that can be made into so many flavor combination to fit your families tastes. All you need are 6-ingredients for the base and from there add your favorite mix-ins. This is a fabulous low carb breakfast recipe.
It’s always a hectic morning in our household. While we much prefer to take it slow and enjoy a cuppa tea . . . that just isn’t our reality. We need something quick and nutritious to eat on the fly. These Low Carb Egg Muffins have become lifesavers for us.
I hope they can be for your family too. 🙂
There are many ways to make these delicious egg muffins with whatever favorite mix-ins that you love in your eggs.
What mix-in to add into our Low Carb Egg Muffin Cups
- Sausage – Make sure it is cooked sausage.
- Bacon – Also bake before-hand.
- More Cheese – always a good fall back on. 😉
- Chopped Peppers
- Chopped Onions
There really are so many options. I personally just like to add a little spinach to start the morning off with some greens.
Storing and Freezing Cauliflower Egg Muffins
- Now simply storing egg muffins without cauliflower is a breeze and easily can be done. Once you add the cauliflower into the mix you wonder if it’ll freeze alright. . . IT DOES!
- I was so happy when I found this out. You want to cook these egg muffins like normal. Allow them to fully cool before storing into an airtight freezer bag. Remove any excess air and freeze like you normally would.
- Freeze up to 1-2 months.
- Allow to thaw out in the refrigerator and use within 5-7 days.
How Many Net Carbs per Low Carb Egg Muffin
With our one mix-in spinach following the recipe you are looking at just 1 Net Carb per Egg Muffin! Woot Woot. I personally eat 2 normally and that fills me up when drinking a keto coffee for the morning.
Note: If you add anything else to these egg muffins besides the spinach keep in mind your nutrition info may change.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
- Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Breakfast Casserole
- Low Carb Orange pepper & Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Low Carb Bacon Asparagus Breakfast Casserole
Low Carb Egg Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups riced cauliflower strained of excess moisture
- 1 cup spinach thawed and strained
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Prepare muffin by lightly greasing with cooking spray.
- Cook the cauliflower, allow it cool to the point you can touch it with your bare hands. Transfer to cheese cloth about 3-4 layers thick. Wring out all the water you can from the cauliflower.
- In a medium bowl mix together riced cauliflower, spinach, eggs, garlic powder, black pepper, salt and shredded cheese.
- Spoon 2-3 Tablespoons of mixture into each muffin tin. Filling to the top. Top with additional cheese.
- Bake 18-22 minutes. Allow to fully cool in muffin tin. Carefully remove.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days.