This Low Carb Keto Bok Choy Cashew Chicken is a great idea for dinner tonight!
I know most people see the words “cashew chicken” and have a very traditional dish come to mind. But I decided to play around with this a bit to not only make it low carb, but make it something just a little different for dinner.
Cashews in large amounts are not specifically low carb. But in moderation, as with many foods, they can certainly be enjoyed on a low carb eating plan!
And just think of all the fiber and low carb goodness the bok choy adds! This Low Carb Keto Bok Choy Cashew Chicken is so delicious, you’ll make it again and again.
LOW CARB BOK CHOY CASHEW CHICKEN RECIPE:
A delicious stir-fry style recipe you'll enjoy again and again.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into bit-sized pieces)
- 1 1/2 cup bok choy (cleaned and cut into 1/2 inch slices)
- 1/2 cup raw cashew pieces
- 1/2 cup stalks celery (sliced thin)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (canned, full-fat)
- 2 tsp. garlic powder (or 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced)
- 1/3 cup shallot (both "cloves" minced)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste after cooking
Melt the oil in a large skillet and add the shallots, celery and garlic (if using fresh garlic). Sauté until shallots are translucent.
Add the chicken and cook until browned. Then add the cashews, bok choy, garlic powder (if using) and finally, the coconut milk. Stir in between each addition.
Cook until the meat is cooked through and the coconut milk has reduced down almost to a glaze rather than a sauce.
Remove skillet from heat and quickly toss in the fresh cilantro.
Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Please note that the nutrition data is a ballpark figure. Exact data is not possible.