Just because you eat low carb, doesn’t mean you have to feel left out during the holidays! You can have your cookies and eat them too!
These delicious low carb pumpkin spice meringues are the perfect treat. Sweet, crunchy and they become a delicious powdery bit of cloud-like goodness in your mouth.
If you have never made them before, know that they bake exactly as you put them on the pan. They won’t spread or rise or get bigger. So you can get quite a few of them on your cookie sheet without worry.
These would make an excellent holiday gift as well!
I will say that these can be made much prettier by putting the meringue into a cake bag with a decorating tip. I just didn’t happen to have one handy. So I put mine in a plastic, zipper-top bag, cut a corner off, and squeezed it out onto the parchment. Worked pretty well! And since I’m not giving these as gifts, I didn’t mind an “uglier” cookie. But man were they good!!!
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup erythritol, powdered in a blender
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, no sugar added
- Pre-heat oven to 200 F.
- Beat the egg whites until nearly stiff.
- Fold in the erythritol and pumpkin pie spice and finish beating until you get stiff peaks.
- Place dollops of whipped egg on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Mine were roughly the size of a golf ball, but I wish I had made them a tiny bit more "bite sized". So use your judgement on the size.
- Bake for 2 1/2 to 3 hours with the oven door partially open. This can be achieved by placing a wooden spoon between the door and the oven.
Nutrition Data According To MyFitnessPal.com
(Data may not be totally accurate. Data is for 1 cookie based on a 55 cookie yield. All carbs come from erythritol which is a sugar alcohol.)