This easy Low Carb Strawberry Shortcake is a simple shortcake recipe and dairy-free strawberry filling. Hands down a classic family favorite.
This was such a childhood favorite of mine. I love the flavor of sweet shortcake with strawberries and cream. IT IS DIVINE.
Strawberries are not the lowest in carbs of all the berries, but they are low enough to enjoy in moderation. You can always switch this to raspberries to lower the carb count even more. Check out our low carb fruit list to perhaps advise on swaps.
We love our hot dog buns recipe, it is so easy to quickly whip together. I ran with it and turned it into a sweet bread as well.
I HAVE also made strawberry shortcake using our Keto Drop Biscuits. Which might be a better alternative if you are looking at serving this to a crowd. Simply add 1 teaspoon of stevia extract or your favorite sweetener to make a sweet biscuit.
I have to say, it’s somewhat dense. It’s not a light, fluffy cake like traditional shortcake. But if you don’t mind a denser texture, the flavor is pretty outstanding!
HOW MANY NET CARBS FOR OUR Low Carb Strawberry Shortcake
6 Net Carbs per serving. A serving is 1/4th of the cake. There are 48 grams of sugar alcohols in this recipe. The Net Carbs per serving is by subtracting the sugar alcohol from the carbs. If you’d like to use another form of sugar alcohol be sure to check out our low carb sweetener conversion chart to help with conversion.
My family does subtract the sugar alcohols and I’ll continue to provide that sugar alcohol grams above the nutrition card below and you can decide for yourself if you want to follow that.
If you are new to this Low Carb/Keto lifestyle and are unsure what we are talking about please feel free to read up more on Net Carbs and why people do or don’t subtract sugar alcohols.
Low Carb Strawberry Shortcake
Strawberry Shortcake Filling
- Open the cans of coconut milk and remove the cooled fat from the cans, discarding the liquid left behind.
- Place all the filling ingredients in a food processor and blend well for about 1 minute.
- Mix all shortcake ingredients together, pour into a well greased in a 5 to 6 inch microwave safe bowl with straight edges.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes. OR Bake in a cake 5-6 inch cake pan at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean.)
- Remove cake from Slice the cake in half, and layer with fresh berries and filling. Enjoy!
Please note that the nutrition data below is provided as a courtesy. We try to be accurate with this information but feel free to make your own calculations