Low Carb Oven Roasted Broccoli recipe. It has turned an avid broccoli hater to lover. Team Oven Roasted Broccoli forever in our family for how easy this recipe is!
Almost 10 years ago my friend made this recipe for me and since that day I am on team oven roasted broccoli.
This is the recipe that turned my broccoli hating husband of 25 years into a broccoli lover. It’s THIS recipe that he makes every single week for his work lunches now
He prefer to keep the stems as short as possible.
I prefer the stems actually. Cut them whatever length that your heart desires. If you keep the florets thicker than you see in the pictures you may need to cook longer but it really does come down to personal preference.
What to do with the broccoli ends?!
This is a huge deal in our family. I love the stems but R on the other hand just likes the broccoli tops. I’ve had to get creative in re-purposing the broccoli stems. So here are some ways.
- Freeze the stems with your other vegetable scraps like onions, carrots etc. Adding it to hot water to make your own homemade vegetable broth!
- Hide it in other recipes. My favorite way to ‘hide’ the broccoli stems is actually in our buffalo sloppy joes recipe. I’ll pulse the broccoli stems with the other veggies to add extra veggie oomph to our joe recipe.
Recipe Note on the olive oil
I actually prefer the 1/3 cup of olive oil. I LOVE have the broccoli drenched and something flavorfully delicious happens with it baked in the olive oil. If you’d like to keep it around 1/4 cup though then feel free.
Level Up the Oven Roasted Broccoli
I didn’t get around to doing this for the pictures but got a even more delicious addition if you’ve got it around. Sprinkle some of our Low Carb Breadcrumbs over the broccoli. SO EFFIN’ GOOD.
I can always get on board with oven roasted broccoli without the breadcrumbs but they take it into a whole new world of delicious.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
- Low Carb Broccoli Slaw Recipe
- Low Carb Cheddar Broccoli Chicken Casserole
- Low Carb Chicken And Veggie Patties Recipe
Low Carb Oven Roasted Broccoli that has turned an avid broccoli hater to a broccoli lover. Team Oven Roasted Broccoli forever in our family for how easy this recipe is!
- 1 large broccoli bunch chopped to desired length (see video)
- 1/4-1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Run fresh broccoli under water to clean off. Cut the large stem off. Cut according to your liking.
Place broccoli florets flat on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and parmesan cheese
Bake 20-25 minutes, or until broccoli is fork tender to your liking.