Fathead Pizza Dough brings the low carb magic to your pizza lover lifestyle. Because being Keto doesn’t mean having to give up your favorite dishes like pizza!
Fathead Pizza Dough is a truly magical addition to our lives. We CAN have our pizza and eat it too! We went into Fathead Dough 101 a couple weeks back.
Since this dough was introduced in our family we have pizza on Fridays. It’s our absolute favorite thing to eat and can’t wait for you to make this yourself!
Fathead Pizza Dough 101
What is fathead pizza dough? This brilliant keto dough is a combination of just a few ingredients that is nothing short of magical. Simple, easy to mix, make and bake. The dough can be used to make a lot of things, but our absolute favorite is this pizza. Because life is too short not have pizza.
What does fathead pizza taste like? The texture and taste are so spot on that you’ll have a hard time telling the difference from a thin crust pizza.
Can you make ahead of time? We love this dough in terms of meal planning. You can make a ball of dough and store in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also bake your pizza dough and store in the fridge for a week. If you want personalized pizzas for your family this is perfection.
Dough it up properly
What do you need: Shredded mozzarella, almond flour, cream cheese, eggs and salt. Yes, it REALLY is that simple of a dough!
Use a microwave friendly bowl to combine your cheese, cream cheese and flour. Heat up for 60 seconds and immediately stir to the point that the ingredient combine with the cheese melting slightly.
Then pop your bowl back into the microwave for another 60 seconds to fully melt the cheese. If the cheese isn’t fully melted, another 30 seconds in the microwave should do the trick. Add your egg and continue to blend, fold and knead your dough.
Toppings for your Fathead Pizza
Beyond the sauce, mozzarella cheese is our go to, but we like to add a little cheddar as well.
To top it all off, the possibilities are endless. For the purposes of our recipe today, we opt for a classic pepperoni and cheese pizza. Because this is Keto pizza, we often lean toward added protein with meat. Bacon, ham, pepperoni, sausage just to name a few. Of course, vegetables are welcome as well. Onions, green peppers, fresh tomatoes and even zucchini are strong topping options.
Want to try out another fabulous Keto pizza crust option? Check out our Keto Chicken Crust Pizza. You can’t go wrong with either of these dough options!
HOW MANY NET CARBS IN OUR FATHEAD PIZZA DOUGH?
2 Net Carbs per slice! We slice it into 8 slices and split it between the husband and myself. You’ll want to calculate your carbs based on the toppings you choose if you opt to try another variation.
Stay Tuned: We’ll be sharing our favorite recipes with this dough in the coming weeks like our Keto Cinnamon Rolls.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
Fathead Pizza Dough Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons low carb marinara
- 1/4 cup pepperoni
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese for pizza topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a microwavable friendly bowl add cheese, almond flour and cream cheese. Microwave on high for 60 seconds.
- Stir until slightly combined and place back into the microwave for another 60 seconds, or until cheese is warm and melted.
- Add egg and large pinch of salt. Stir dough together until it forms a ball and egg is mixed in. Allow dough to sit for 15 minutes.
- Prepare your counter top by placing plastic wrap onto counter to roll dough out onto. Dump dough onto prepared counter. Place a sheet of plastic wrap over top of dough and roll out into a circle.
- Remove top plastic wrap and replace with paper/baking parchment. Place onto your pizza pan baking parchment piece being on the bottom and then remove the remaining plastic wrap.
- Poke holes with a knife into the crust and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Flip pizza crust face down onto pizza pan and gently removing the parchment paper. (This is the best system we've created to avoid the dough sticking) Bake for additional 2-3 minutes
- Top with marinara sauce, pepperoni and cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes until cheese is melted.