Low Carb Chocolate Frosting recipe that will become your steady chocolate low carb frosting recipe next time you want some frosting on your brownies or cupcakes!
After sharing one of our favorite Keto Brownies recipe I realized that there are definite times when a frosted brownie is ESSENTIAL.
We’ve got some delicious low carb and keto frosting with all the chocolately deliciousness you have been craving.
Now we could of easily used butter but decided that there was an avocado getting ripe on the counter so lets add some of that fatty goodness to the mix!
HOW MANY NET CARBS ARE IN OUR LOW CARB CHOCOLATE FROSTING
This one is a little tricky. So it really depends on how you want to calculate this. As we’ve explained in our What are Net Carbs post some people decide to count the sugar alcohols by subtracting the sugar alcohols from the carbs and some do not. There are 288 grams of sugar alcohol if you end up using the sweetener we list in the recipe card.
So if you decide to subtract the sugar alcohols from your carbs (our family does) there is 22 Net Carbs for the entire 2 cups of chocolate frosting.
This recipe would be enough to frost an entire low carb cake or 12 low carb cupcakes if you so wished. So you aren’t eating the entire 310 grams either way. . . That is 2.75 Net Carbs for about 4 Tablespoons of frosting.
How to get perfect creamy low carb chocolate frosting
I was given this tip a while back and it might be one of the best tips I’ve ever received from a professional baker.
In order to get smooth and creamy frosting you have to whip it foreverrrr. If you have a stand mixer this is when they are totally worth the money. Once you get your frosting put together and the right consistency, keep your mixer on low and allow to run for 3-4 minutes.
And THAT is how you get the most perfect low carb frosting guys.
Now What to Use this Chocolate frosting On?
- The Best Keto Brownies – Because frosted brownies are da bombbbbb
- Low Carb Chocolate Cupcakes – these are perfect for the halloween season coming up!
- Low Carb Brownies – because we always need more brownies 😉
- Low Carb Brownie Cinnamon Cake – I think we love brownies.
- Low Carb Chocolate Mug Cake
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
- Low Carb Peanut Butter Balls
- Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Low Carb Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Mini Muffins
Low Carb Chocolate Frosting
- Add avocados to medium mixing bowl. Beat avocados smooth with mixer until creamy (30-45 seconds)
- Add vanilla extract, slowly add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time incorporating into avocado mixture.
- Slowly add cocoa powder into avocado mixture. Continue by mixing in cinnamon, continue beating mixture together for 1-2 minutes or until frosting reaches desired thickness. If frosting is still a little thin for your liking feel free to add some additional powdered sweetener.