Keto Parmesan Chicken with that fantastic crunch we adore in crispy chicken using our low carb breadcrumbs and combined with parmesan. It is a winner!
This Keto Parmesan Chicken is not to be confused with Chicken Parmesan. (While we do have a fabulous Keto Chicken Parmesan Recipe).
No. Keto Parmesan Chicken is more like crispy fried chicken.. but baked.
Instead of using traditional breadcrumbs (like panko) we are seasoning it with our low carb breadcrumbs and parmesan. There is even a hidden little gem of using some whole grain mustard to amp up the flavors.
The result is a perfectly cooked oven-baked chicken that is crunchy but tender and juicy. It is divine and I’m so excited to share this with you as it’s really simple to make!
Bonus – it doesn’t require too many ingredients which I think we can all agree on is exactly what we need in our lives right now.
Simple and delicious – it is our kind of recipe.
Crispy Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breast Options
Mustard – You don’t have to use whole grain mustard (or any mustard for that fact) if you don’t have it around.Â You can easily omit it and it will still be delicious.
Marinate – If time allows it, marinate. Marinated chicken in buttermilk makes chicken extremely tender. At the moment buttermilk is difficult to get a hold of but when you can I can highly recommend it.
Cooking – You want to cook the thickest part of the chicken to a perfect temperature of 165F.Â Overcook chicken and it becomes dry very easily.
Chicken Type – There are many different types of chicken out there. If you don’t have chicken thighs around you can easily do this with chicken breasts. Keep in mind that you will want to pound the chicken breasts out evenly to make sure it cooks evenly.
What sauces can be enjoyed with Crispy Keto Parmesan Chicken
This parmesan chicken is incredible on it’s own but you can dress this dish up and done.
- Ranch Dressing – One of my favorite go-tos when there is anything like fried chicken.
- Serve it over zucchini noodles with marinara sauce and cheese
- Add it to our Keto Bread with some coleslaw for a fabulous chicken sandwich.
- Slice it on top of a fatdough pizza with some bacon and make a chicken bacon ranch pizza.
Really there are so many ways to make this parmesan crusted chicken into something the entire family can enjoy.
HOW MANY NET CARBS for our Keto Parmesan Chicken?
1 Net Carb for apprx one traditional chicken serving.Â We calculated it as dividing the recipe into 4 servings. Since chicken thighs do vary by size and so on it’s not possible to really calculate it per chicken thigh.
Keep in the mind the low carb breadcrumbs has just 2 Net Carbs for the entire batch so it’s honestly a fabulous macro set-up.
I hope you enjoy this fast and simple low carb breading recipe!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE LOW CARB RECIPES:
Keto Parmesan Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs
- 1 batch of low carb breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons whole grain mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Prepare pan by placing a wire baking/cookie rack on top of a sheet pan. (This is the best way to make sure the chicken bakes crispy)
- Mix mustard and egg together in a small bowl with a fork to create the first wash.
- Mix parmesan cheese into low carb breadcrumbs.
- Pour egg wash over the chicken thighs and toss until completely covered.
- Dredge thighs into dry breading and pat with a fork to make sure breading is sticking.
- Place chicken on top of wire rack. Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken has cooked through and reached an internal temperature of 165F.
- Enjoy with fresh parsley and your favorite low carb dipping sauce. (see post above for options)